Discuss the representation of youth in contemporary film and television Plan One way in which youth are represented in film and television is as being let down by adults. This often occurs in two ways, through the family and through the education system. A Time Magazine article 'Britain's Mean Streets' stated how 'parents aren't always around to help socialise their children - or even just show them affection.' This is very clearly shown in Fish Tank as Mia is shown to be brought up in a single parent family with only a 'damaged mother' and 'no dad in the picture' to help socialise her. Primary socialisation through the family is thought to be vital in a child's development and so the lack of that received by Mia shows how her parents have let her down and caused her to not be prepared for society and the wider world. The one parent she does have is presented as being very inadequate as a parent, focusing more on her own happiness a...
My plan for the dragons den pitch. What brief are you taking? short film or music video -For my A2 coursework I plan on creating a music video as apposed to a short film. I decided to create a music video due to the fact that I prefer to watch them in my free time and also due to the fact that I think it will be less of a challenge for me to create one. As I am working on my own for the coursework, I wanted to choses the brief I felt would be easier for me to complete on my own. If I had decided to create a short film then I feel it would have been a lot more work I would have had to do and that in the end I would have probably ended up creating a piece that wasn't to the best of my ability. The style of music and/or artist -For my coursework I plan to use a song by the American band All Time Low. I decided to use the song Nightmares which is from their most recent album, Last Young Renegade. I choose t...
My documentary video about David Wilson Planning and research for my documentary about David Wilson David Wilson is a London based director and animator. He is most well known for his music videos, having created videos for artists like David Guatta, the Arctic Monkeys and The Maccabees. He takes enjoyment from crossing disciplines between animation and live action, often combining the two to create something unique. Wilson studied illustration at Brighton University which has helped him in his career of becoming a unique music video director. He studied illustration as apposed to film as he never believed that becoming a film director was possible. As accessibility to cameras and youtube came about however, Wilson started to upload his videos to youtube and they started to gain recognition. This is a video I found about David Wilson and his career. This helped me find out more about the director and his style with videos. Examples of Wi...
Comments
Post a Comment