Final - Song choice (46)

The song that I am using for my music video is 'Losing Your Memory' by Ryan Star which doesn't have an official music video. This means that I can't see what interpretation for a video others have created for the song and the video I create for it will be completely inspired by how I have interpreted the lyrics, and how I envision a video for this song would be like.

Although the song I have chosen doesn't have a music video, some of the artists other songs do. All of these videos are different, however most do have a common theme. 

Song - Impossible

Song - Bullet

Song - Don't Give Up

Song - We Might Fall

Each of the videos include a performance element with either the singer or whole band in the video. This is one link which I will not be having in my music video due to the fact that I feel that a performance element will take away from the emotion I wish to display in my video.

The videos also tend to be either in black and white or a dull gradient. This is something I will include in my video for certain scenes. Because my video is meant to be quite emotional, for certain scenes I will most likely dull the footage to give a sense of sadness and to create the right emotional atmosphere which would be expected for the type of video I wish to create.

In the music videos most of the shots tend to be in long slow takes. This is definitely something that will be incorporated into my video as it will fit with the solemn mood of some of my scenes.
  
Some of the videos also include a narrative along with performance. Although in my video I wont be including any performance elements I will have a narrative which I hope will convey the emotion of the song. Most of the narratives in the videos follow the lyrics, for example in the video 'We Might Fall' the narrative matches up with the story in the lyrics which is something I wish to convey as well in my video.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Audience Research (23)

Practise task explained (1)

Evaluation question 2