Final Ancillary Task One (51)

For the album cover I decided that I didn't want to stick to the typical conventions of an album cover for solo artists. Because I decided against having any performance elements in my music video, I felt that instead of using a picture of the artist I should instead have a piece of artwork as the album cover. The title of the album, when first looking at it made me think of an individual having pieces of their memories coming out of their head. I also got the idea of an individuals head exploding with the smoke representing their memories which are escaping.

These are some pictures which inspired my album cover. I decided against going with someone loosing just pieces of their memory and decided instead to create someone with their head exploding, like all their memories are flooding out. After doing a little research I decided that I wanted the individual on the album cover to be dressed smartly and for the explosion to be colourful. I felt that this would be very eye catching and would help to attract my target audience into buying the album. I also decided to add a collection of some of the photos featured in the music video behind the man which would help and to the illustration of memories being lost and floating around.

For the back cover I decided to go quite simplistic and again use the same collection of photographs but have them at the bottom of the CD cover. This left room for the different songs at the back and also gave a sense of continuity within the digipack between the front and back cover.

For the inside front and back cover I chose to use two different pictures and present them in the style of polaroids. I decided to do this as it kept to the theme of memories and photos while being neat and simplistic. I used two different photographs which I felt represented autumn and winter which are the seasons in which the music video is set. I chose these as it helps to show how season change, but memories stay the same. Through out all of the digipack I also used a filter to help make the covers look slightly aged. This is to give more emphasis on the fact that the two inside covers are polaroids, but also to give continuity to the digipack as a whole.  

Front cover


Back cover

Inside front cover 

Inside back cover




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Audience Research (23)

Practise task explained (1)

Evaluation question 2