Ancillary task 2 (17)



One the left is the album cover that we were given to recreate for our second ancillary task, and on the right is our recreation of it. For our recreation we used my friend Megan as our model. She has relatively dark hair which is similar to what is on the album cover and was also free during the time we need to do this. To recreate the cover we used fake blood, eye liner and lip stick to create the blood dripping from the face and chin. We also had our model wear a plain black top so that she didn't get blood on her sixth form uniform and also so it fitted with the cover.


This is a picture of me putting the fake blood on our model ready for the photo. We used tissues to dab on the blood over the general areas (lower face and neck) and then dribbled some down her chin to give it the effect that it was running down her face from her nose. We used this as a base for the blood as we planned on editing it to make it look more realistic on photoshop.


As I have never used photoshop before I got my friend, Milly to give me a hand. Together we managed to edit my model to make the blood on her face look more realistic and stand out more. We also managed to put my model onto a black background and add the title from the original album cover onto my album cover. 

~Kat

Comments

  1. Great documentation of the process which you clearly enjoyed and completed in an excellent way. Can you please tell me, when it comes to your own ancillary task.... at this stage would you be thinking of using an original image of a person or a piece of artwork?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Audience Research (23)

Practise task explained (1)

Evaluation question 2