Evaluation question 2

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary tasks?

In my personal opinion I feel that the combination between my video and ancillary tasks are very effective. Within all three of the products I incorporated the same photographs so that the synergy between the products were clear. One of the main elements of my music video was the father looking back at the good memories with his daughter through photographs which were hanging up in her room. Because of how important the photos were in the video I felt that it was vital to incorporate them into the ancillary tasks as well.

Typically within solo music videos the focus is on the artist and this is then incorporated onto the cover of the digipack and album release poster too. However, due to me challenging this typical convention I had to use a different theme to link all my products together to create synergy, which is where the link between the photographs came in.

When first looking at the title of my album cover it made me think of an individual having pieces of their memories coming out of their head like a jigsaw pieces. I also got the idea of an individuals head exploding with the smoke representing their memories which are escaping. As you can see from my ancillary products I decided to go with the latter option which I feel is more fitting. I decided to have the photos arranged behind the head so as to give the illusion that the mans head had exploded and the photos behind him were the memories escaping. I tried to keep the cover of the digipack and poster fairly simplistic so it didn't look cluttered or messy. This seems to have worked out okay if my audience feedback is anything to go by as people seem to think that the ancillary products look good and that they connect well with the video.

The rest of the digipack I tried to keep the same theme going with the photos with the back cover looking the same as the front except with the photographs at the bottom and the man with his head exploding not being in it. The two inside covers also continue the theme with the photographs with them being presented in the style of aged polaroid photos. By having the continues theme of the photographs within both the ancillary tasks and it obviously occurring within my music video it has helped to like all three products together and make it so people would be able to distinguish that my album cover and post belong to my video.   


Below is a video of two people watching my music video and then viewing my ancillary tasks. From what they said I think it is clear that my three products work well together and that it is clear to an audience that my ancillary tasks are promoting the music video. 






  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Dragons Den' Pitch planning (18)